Friday, September 16, 2011

Nicole by OPI – Nicole...Spotted!


So I have another glitter polish for you today! Lately sparkles on my fingertips has become an obsession and the only type of lacquer I've been buying. :P

Nail Polish: Nicole by OPI – Nicole...Spotted!
Hue: Blue/Green

So I love, love, love this color in the bottle! The transparent blue, green gel base filled with lots of glitter and some bigger hexagon holographics reminds me of Ariel's under the sea grotto sparking with treasure. And who doesn't love some hidden treasure when it comes in a duo pack for only $6.99 from T.J. Maxx. Woohoo! It came packaged with a silvery glitter polish from the same Gossip Girl collection: Scandal, Secrets & Sparkles (which I'll review later). But really what a steal :P

Comparison of 6 coats vs. 1 coat!

However, its a completely different story once it gets on your nail. With just one coat its a weak bluish tint that makes me think of nail fungus so I doubt I'll be wearing this color alone too often.

I had to layer on six coats to get this look and I think I could still go for more to match the color in the bottle. Since it is a gel base it dries pretty quickly but, it was still a pain doing so many layers.


Nevertheless its a beautiful color if you're willing to put in the time. I do want to try using a blue or white base coat first to see if it will help amp up the color and cut back on the layering.

-Bunny

0 comments:

Post a Comment