Friday, October 14, 2011

Flashback Friday - Water Marbling

So for today's Flashback I decided to do a little lump sum of my favorite water marbled manicures I've done so far. I originally got this idea from MySimpleLittlePleasures, a nailtastic blog, you should all check out. After seeing her tutorials I just had to give it a try.

My first attempt done with Gold, Purple, and Pink swirls. I used the gold as the base to give it some pop and topcoated with a glitter coat. Kinda reminds me of Katy Perry's E.T Music Video (but without the dumb rapping part).


Then my sister wanted to jump on the boat too so we tried out a neutral, monochromatic palette with Gold, White, and a Coco Brown. Loving the minimalism of this look without being too beige boring.

Finally we decided to do a more punk rock vamp look with just two colors this time. This one is probably my favorite out of the three and definitely want to try it on myself next time.

Cute Dinosaur not included :P

Water Marbling Tips:

- Use the lighter color as your base coat, it will really make it pop.

- Not all polishes spread equally. The only way to know if it will work is to try some drops of lacquer out.


- The more saturated the water is with nail polish the more the polish seems to spread easily. So I like to drop in some polish that I'm not too fond of anymore to warm up the water. (You'll notice that as you do your marbling the later nails are easier because of this)

- Definitely check out MySimpleLittlePleasure's water marbling tips. She has a great way of keeping your fingers clean as well as simple tutorials.


Hope ya'll enjoy and share if you try! :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment